Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Key Largo, Florida


So I recently took a trip to Florida for spring break...Ya I know pretty awesome but I'll tell you what impressed me besides the parties that I swear were everywhere I went. It was Key Largo! The best destination for scuba diving and snorkeling, at least that's what I was told at first. I wasn't convinced until I actually saw what they were talking about...and dam they weren't kidding when they said it was the best destination for scuba diving and snorkeling. I was inspired to say the least.
I went snorkeling at first and the people I went with brought me on a boat a few miles off the shore. I honestly showed up not even knowing what I was going to see...All I knew is that I was probably going to see fish...and I was right!...But there was so much more! I was literally floating above a coral reef in the ocean and it was pretty dam cool. We had plenty of time too and had the opportunity to float out there for a hour and a half...It was awesome.
Key Largo is the ultimate destination for snorkelers and scuba divers a like. There's plenty of scuba diving businesses out there that would love to bring you out to great under water destinations they know about. You of course can go with just your self and friends if you choose to but you have to know where to go of course...So double check your charter maps before you take off in your boat :) There's a lot to see there besides coral reefs though...
You can see sunken ships and when I say ships I mean like a large ship...Not a boat. You can virtually explore as much as you want at your own risk. If your not into seeing sunken ships then you can also check out some statues under water...Yes like a huge statue of a man under water, they have that. You can see multiple objects that have fell off ships in the past and its defiantly worth the trip to see.
Key Largo is a relaxed place that mainly revolves around snorkeling and scuba diving. It isa huge tourist spot so there's plenty of places to eat that offer great food and they have a great selection of hotels in the area. If your looking to do something else besides scuba diving the I recommend you take a drive to South West which is also a great tourist attraction. Its about 2 hours south of Key Largo. The town is extremely interesting and it has a great beach...So while your down there in Florida I would go visit Key West too :)
Florida Keys Scuba Diving Trips
Key largo scuba diving charters is your one stop shop for scuba diving in key largo, florida. Whether you need dive gear, dive gear repair or scuba diving lessons we have it. We also have scuba diving charters going out on a daily basis. Call now!

No comments:

Post a Comment